A number of major financial institutions invest in fossil fuel extraction which fuels climate change. Do you want YOUR money fueling the climate crisis? If not, take the Get My Money Out PLEDGE (a.k.a Divestment) now and read on below.
2. Join us also this Thursday, April 23rd at 4pm for the local livestream hosted by 350 South Florida to hear about the importance of personal divestment and what local actions you can take.
3. Take your financial carbon footprint inventory to see how much of your money is in the pipeline!
4. Check out the Rainforest Action Network’s Banking on Climate Change Report. To dive deeper read Bill McKibben’s article Money is the Oxygen on which the Fire of Global Warming Burns.
1. Write a letter, email, or tweet these financial institutions to let them know you don’t want your money funding climate change. #StopTheMoneyPipeline #PeopleNotPolluters #EndFossilFinance #DefundFossilFuels
|Example Tweets:||.@Chase is the leading offender of #fossilfuel financing. Stop fueling the #ClimateEmergency, be a leader and show you care by investing in renewables and ceasing financing of #fossilfuels that harm both people and the planet! #StoptheMoneyPipeline #EndFossilFinance #DefundFossilFuels||.@LibertyMutual, stop insuring #fossilfuel expansion! Phase out insuring tar sands, coal, and gas. Insure the future, invest in renewables, and choose People and Planet over Profit! This is a #ClimateEmergency! #StoptheMoneyPipeline #EndFossilFinance #DefundFossilFuels||.@BlackRock has taken a step in the right direction acknowledging its role in the #ClimateEmergency, but must ACT to be a true leader. You must phase out support for dirty energy and shift support to renewables instead! #StoptheMoneyPipeline #EndFossilFinance #DefundFossilFuels|
|Address||Jamie Dimon, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer|
JP Morgan Chase & Co.
270 Park Avenue
New York, N.Y. 10005
|David Long, Chairman, President & Chief Executive Officer|
Liberty Mutual Group
175 Berkeley Street
Boston, Ma 02116
|Laurence Fink, Chief Executive Officer|
Black Rock, Inc.
Park Avenue Plaza
55 East 52nd Street
New York, NY 10055-0003
2. Take the “Get My Money Out PLEDGE” (if you have not already taken it above).
3. If you bank with JP Morgan Chase, consider divesting as soon as possible. Chase is the largest funder of fossil fuel exploration, extraction, and pipeline infrastructure (6.4 billion in 2018). To explore alternative pro-climate financial options, click here.
If you bank with another offender, consider divesting from them as well!