We’re Hiring! Join Us!
Founded in 2010 as a reaction to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, ReThink Energy Florida began having regularly paid staff in 2017.
Over the last ten years, REF has grown into an accomplished, statewide organization that is well respected across Florida. Some of our highlights include:
- Founding the Tallahassee 100% Together Coalition, which successfully pushed to pass and now implement a 100% renewable energy goal for the city of Tallahassee.
- Founding the Floridians Against Fracking Coalition, which successfully mobilized the grassroots to defeat several pro-industry bills, introduce bi-partisan fracking bans, and move renewable energy bills.
- Hosting six Reclaiming Florida’s Future for All education and advocacy days at Florida’s Capitol.
- Hosting 17 Tidal Town Halls across the state of Florida in 2018.
- Hosting Miami Climate Month and Jacksonville Climate Month, which has turned into Florida Climate Voices, a coalition dedicated to connecting organizations and amplifying climate efforts and voices in the state of Florida.
- Hosting an exceptional youth education program, primarily in Tallahassee, which consists of an Energy Camp that celebrated its 10 year anniversary in 2021, a Young Environmental Leaders program, a ReThink Science Outreach Program, and, when possible, a Regional Energy Whiz Expo.
- Hosting a premier intern program which typically has 15-18 interns working on the programs of the organization. REF has had over 200 interns go successfully through its intern program since 2014.
Sound interesting? Join Us! Jere are the positions we’re hiring for:
ReThink Energy Florida is selecting apart-time 20 hour per week Development Director to to move the organization to a new level of fiscal sustainability. This position will be a part of the senior leadership team and will help to guide the vision of the organization. This staff member manages all major gifts functions, including planned giving, donor engagement, fundraising campaigns, and fundraising event coordination.