Want to get involved through interning? Sign up to discover how you can make a difference for a more energy independent future.
Our coordinators volunteer approximately 10 hours a week, working at least 6 of the hours during 10 am- 5 pm Monday through Friday. Ideally our interns work on our team for at least 2 semesters (Spring and Summer or Spring and Fall). Although our internships are unpaid, our team is great and our intern program gives a good opportunity to gain real-life hands on experience of running parts of an effective organization.
Learn about the intern’s responsibilities!
- Create outreach programs towards youth (Elementary-High School)
- Outreach to schools, including Elementary, Middle, and High schools for presentations
- Develop good relations with community schools to promote outreach initiatives and projects
- Develop relations with after school programs, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, & youth church groups
- Finds new groups and areas to introduce to ReThink Energy
- Develops presentation materials for outreach
- Research tabling or presentation opportunities and Coordinates tabling events
- Maintains materials for Information table (earth day and other events), seeks out at least two information table opportunities per month, and work with volunteer coordinator to staff tables
- Serves on Energy Ball Publicity Committee
- Manages Outreach Committee
- Works on research of current issues and legislative events
- Organizes letter writing and other actions
- Maintains coordination of the outreach committee
- Constantly updating and researching key issues
- Finding tabling events to do within the community
- General outreach to your area and opportunities to get adults involved in our mission
- Presentations to adult groups on rethink energy and issues that impact us
- Works with the Communication Coordinator to publicize events and outreach projects
- Develops Marketing and Branding Plan for organization, including social media, on-site visits, and other strategies for developing new and existing markets.
- Finds new groups and areas to introduce to Rethink Energy Florida, a 501c3, whose mission is to educate, engage, and empower citizens to take action to achieve energy independence in a healthier, more sustainable environment.
- Assists with volunteer recruitment as integral part of marketing plan.
- Conducts research on Media outlets in target areas around Florida.
- Maintains web site.
- Graphic design of materials, and displays to ensure branding and identity of ReThink
- Create and redesign materials that emotionally engage the public’s interest and sense of belonging and awareness of ReThink.
- Works with Communications Coordinator to manage Publicity Committee.
- Posts 3 informative FaceBook posts per week
- With Communications Director, develop creative and informative email every week
- Develops a blog post every second week
- Make use of ReThink Energy YouTube channel, tumblr, and twitter
- Publicizes events via FB, community calendars and other earned and social media
- Develop Media Advisories and press releases as appropriate
- Manages Energy Ball Publicity Committee during the Summer
- Manage Public ReThink Energy Florida Calendar
- Make use of ReThink Energy YouTube channel, instagram, facebook, snapchat, tumblr, and twitter
- Grows ReThink Energy’s social media presence and reach
- Explore new social media platforms
- Publicizes events via FB, community calendars and other social media
- Manages blog and news portions of web site
- Timely updates related to news items on our social media sites
- Creation of graphically interesting images for social media
- Supports remainder of Communications team and ReThink team at large through the development of flyers and images for posting
- Develops infographics and visually appealing ways to educate our constituents
- Works with webmaster to develop visually appealing graphics for web site – for blog posts, main page and other pages
- Works with Communications Coordinator to develop visually appealing images for emails
- Supports fundraising by developing visually appealing and engaging graphics for Energy Ball or other fundraising efforts
- Assists with web site reorganization and Keeps Website up to date
- Adds events to Website calendar
- Keeps Staff Page up-to-date
- Develops blog posts based on current campaigns and activities of the organizations
- Works very closely with the Policy, Legislative Policy, and Research Coordinator on research of current issues and legislative events
- Organizes letter writing and other actions
- With Research and Policy Coordinators, Develops talking points
- Sets up and coordinates staffing for one local letter-writing party per month
- Works with Chapter directors to coordinate letter writing in their areas
- Works with Florida leaders as appropriate
- Represent ReThink on local activities, committees and boards, and update the Chapter Development Coordinator on campaigns relevant to ReThink’s mission.
- With the Chapter Development Coordinator, strategically select one or more local campaigns to work on per semester/ season.
- Look for opportunities to co-sponsor events or campaigns with other organizations. Maintain responsibilities of that co-sponsorship, to include reaching out to local ReThinkers.
- Maintain a list of contacts for the local area that are connected to the issues ReThink is working on.
- Implement Statewide letter writing campaigns and participation in Tallahassee Advocacy Days in local area
- Begin developing relationships with local ReThinkers, in order to successfully throw one or more ReThink branded event.
- Work with local chapter leaders and ambassadors to coordinate statewide activities and track local activities.
- Support local chapter leaders and ambassadors in connecting them with other headquarters teams.
- Lead monthly calls with all chapter leaders and ambassadors
- Lead weekly or bi-weekly calls with chapter interns
Builds a support team to coordinate events related to ReThink Energy Florida’s events, specifically the Energy Ball major fundraiser, including volunteers to market the event, distribute event information, and recruit participants.
Manages planning details. Where appropriate develops or updates process document related to major events.
Directs and supervises planning activities and volunteers during event’s happening; monitors event performance and participation; conducts debrief of major events, and submits debrief to directors.
Is particularly the lead organizer of Energy Ball, a major event held in the November.
Provides logistical support for other meetings and events
Miscellaneous: serves on event committees, assists Director, etc.
- Develops volunteer program, to include working with other staff to develop a list of skills required, finding new volunteers, and placing them/ matching with skills set
- Works with supervisors to develop and execute methods of volunteer recruitment and retention
- Determines skill sets needed and recruits individuals to fill skill sets
- Trains and coordinates volunteers
- Coordinate volunteers efforts and tracking
- Conducts volunteer assessment and motivation
- Updates the Volunteer Handbook and the policies and procedures
- Be a contact for the volunteers in case issues or questions arise
- Ideally suited for an individual with an educational or professional in Non-Profit Administration/Management
- Collaborates with Directors and Associate Directors to assess current practices and programs
- Makes recommendations to the Directors and/or Board regarding opportunities to improve organizational efficiency & effectiveness as well as alignment of programs with organizational values
- Helps organization members utilize ReThink’s CRM, Hubspot, more successfully and effectively
- Researches various best practices for different aspects of the organization, including but not limited to strategic planning, financial practices, project planning, board/by laws, etc.
- Researches different concepts as a basis for improving programs, including but not limited to the different types of education, types of ignorance, barriers to non-profit involvement & engagement, language practices & terminology
- Helps identify training needs within the organization Helps develop training materials as needed
- Researches and tracks grant opportunities
- Writes at least one grant proposal as main grantwriter (Goal is one per month)
- Conducts analysis on programs to determine outcomes and whether strategies were successful