The ReThink Energy Florida Climate Change Photo Competition is open to amateur photographers. No photos under professional contract or any that have been previously published on an organizational, professional or corporate site/social media can be submitted.
Photos must be submitted by April 30, 2018, 11:59pm. Applicants are solely responsible for ensuring that their submission is submitted by the submission deadline.
- EACH PHOTO ENTERED MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A $5 ENTRY FEE PER PHOTO. All $5 entry fees are non-refundable.
First Place: $50, Second Place: $25, Third Place:$15
Please read the information below prior to submitting a photo to the contest.
1) Photos must be of Florida and themed around the ReThink Energy Florid (REF) Mission Statement and address one of the following points:
● "Our mission is to educate, engage and empower citizens to take action and achieve energy independence in a healthier, more sustainable environment."
● Go for renewables! (Solar energy, Wind energy , Geothermal energy)
● Get off of fossil fuels!
● Climate Change is happening, it’s here, it’s now!
● Sea Level Rise is happening now
● You’ve got the power to make the difference (in politics, in energy use)
● We must take action now
2) All digital files must be 16 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or .jpg format and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
3) Only original photos may be submitted. Entries cannot infringe on any copyrights or other third party rights. Only one name should be designated on the entry form as the owner of the photo. Each contestant, upon entering, guarantees that they have the absolute right to enter the photo.
- By entering, the contestant agrees to indemnify and hold ReThink Energy Florida harmless from and against any claims inconsistent with the aforementioned.
4) Photographs that include sculptures, statues, paintings and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud; provided entrants must be prepared to provide a release form as described below. When photographing the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close-up of another person's art.
5) If the photograph contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the photograph, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photograph in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation.
- If any person appearing in any photograph is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
6) Upon REF's request, each entrant must be prepared to provide (within seven (7) calendar days of receipt of REF's request) a signed release from all persons who appear in the photograph submitted, and/or from the owner of any material that appears in the photograph entry, authorizing REF to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry in connection with the contest and promotion of the contest, in any media now or hereafter known.
- Failure to provide such releases upon request may result in disqualification at any time during the contest and selection of an alternate winner.
7) For semi-finalist pictures, REF shall retain unlimited non-exclusive use of high- resolution pictures for activities in all media, including social media, online and print, in relation to the contest, the public archive, and all promotional and educational activities for and under the auspices of ReThink Energy Florida, without any remuneration being due. Photographers retain exclusive use of intellectual property rights.
- Rethink Energy Florida has the right to make minor modifications to the photo submitted (such as cropping or making size adjustments). Photographer will continue to be credited.
8) All submitted physical entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned; Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, inaccurate, incomplete, damaged, illegible or misdirected entries. All entries may be published on the Popular Photography web site. Nothing in these contest rules obligate Sponsor to publish or otherwise use any photo submitted in connection with the contest. Each entry must be submitted on an individual basis (i.e., no team, joint, or corporate entries) and all components of the entry must be the original creation of the submitting participant.
9) Contestants may submit as many photos as desired; however, each photo entry must be submitted separately by email, with the name of the photo and the photographer clearly marked on each.
10) It is the contestant's responsibility to ensure that the submitted photo(s) are complete.
11) Submission materials will not be returned to the contestant. ReThink Energy Florida is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen or misappropriated entries.
12) Entries will be screened by ReThink Energy Florida and the qualified entries will be sent to a panel of judges who will select the top 20 semi-finalists. A popularity contest will narrow down the semi-finalists to the top 5 finalists. Photos will be judged equally on originality, skill and message relevance. Quality of performance and production will not be considered.
13) All prizes will be awarded to the first name as it appears on the entry form, and division of prizes among co-authors is the responsibility of winners.
14) Rethink Energy Florida Officers, Directors, Paid staff/consultants, and photographer’s competition Judges, and their immediate family members, are prohibited from participating.
16) Submit CD/ flash drives and check payments to: Rethink Energy Florida, PO Box 1341, Tallahassee, FL 32302 – these must be postmarked by 4/26/2018, 11:59pm
- April 03, 2018 at 11:59pm – April 30, 2018
- Anywhere In Florida!